This is a fascinating case showing how the theory of unitended consequences applies to big government.
Some things to consider:
- Is New Bedford MA where al-qaeda plans to strike next?
- What were the opportunity costs of this raid, apparently 2+ months in the planning?
- Is it significant that the raid took place in a blue state?
- Are we just now spending millions on body armor vests?
- If there are only 100+ people working there now, what happened to all the New Bedfordians who wanted these jobs?
- How many of the rounded-up were actually illegals?
- How many were held without bail or due process?
- How much did this raid cost the taxpayers?
- How much did this raid cost the economy of New Bedford?