Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Every Time I Go to Town ...

Nobody asked but ...

Someone kicks my dog around.  In this case, my dog is a symbol for something that used to be simple but now is spoiled by too many legislative and bureaucratic cooks.  I am a small bore landlord who is experiencing a changeover in tenants.  I took off the door hardware to take to the hardware store to have it re-keyed.  Upon arriving, I was told that the hardware lady couldn't perform such re-keying any more.  The nest of vipers in Frankfort now holds that I must get a chartered locksmith to do this.  I'm sure there is a reason for this, but I can't imagine a problem that wasn't already against a simpler law.  Isn't anything that you could do with a lock either OK because it's your property or theft because it's not your property?

-- Kilgore Forelle

No comments: