Here's Daniel Drezner's list of bad foreign intrigues from Foreign Policy Magazine
10) Operation Continue Hope in Somalia.
9) 1983 Beirut bombing.
8) Bay of Pigs.
7) Sponsoring the 1953 coup in Iran.
6) Operation Iraqi Freedom.
5) Crossing the 38th parallel in Korea.
4) Expansion of the war in Vietnam.
3) The War on Drugs.
2) Refusal to join the League of Nations.
1) 1920s Economic diplomacy.
See his reasons at http://drezner.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/08/29/the_shatners_of_american_foreign_policy_0